What is Vita D3 Oral Shot?
Vita D3 Oral Shot contains Cholecalciferol which belongs to the group of medicines called Vitamin D analogs. It is used to treat and prevent Vitamin D deficiency. This may occur when your diet or lifestyle does not provide you with enough vitamin D or when your body requires more vitamin D during pregnancy.
How Vita D3 Oral Shot Works:
Vita D3 Oral Shot helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus by increasing their absorption from the gut and reducing the amount removed by the kidneys and it is a fat-soluble vitamin.
Primary Uses of Vita D3 Oral Shot:
- To prevent or treat vitamin D deficiency (in adults, elderly and children over 12 years of age)
- Vitamin D maintenance
- Healthy bones and Joints
- Prevention of diseases
- Strong Immunity
- Healthy Heart
- Increased calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia) (symptoms include nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, constipation, stomachache, bone pain, extreme thirst, increased urination, muscle weakness, drowsiness, and confusion)
- Increased calcium in the urine (hypercalciuria)
- Skin rash
- Raised itchy rash (hives)
Stop taking Vita D3 Oral Shot and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- High calcium levels in blood (signs include severe nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite and irregular heartbeat)
- Signs of impaired kidney function (signs include increased urination including night times, excess thirst, increased blood pressure)
- Severe allergic reaction (including rash, itching/swelling especially of the face/tongue/throat severe dizziness and trouble breathing)
Warnings & Precautions:
VITA D3 Oral Shot should be used with caution in pregnant women or women planning to have a baby. The dose will be adjusted by your doctor. Consult your doctor before taking it.
VITA D3 Oral Shot should be used with caution in breastfeeding women as it passes through the breast milk. The dose will be adjusted by your doctor. Consult your doctor before taking it.
VITA D3 Oral Shot is not recommended for use if you have severe kidney problems or kidney stones. It should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease or damage. Consult your doctor before taking VITA D3 Oral Shot.
Do not take VITA D3 Oral Shot if you are allergic to Cholecalciferol or any other ingredients of this medicine.
VITA D3 Oral Shot should be used with caution in patients with heart disease. Consult your doctor before taking VITA D3 Oral Shot.
Before taking VITA D3 Oral Shot , inform your doctor, if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy (Ex. carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin)
- Cardiac glycosides to treat heart condition (Ex. digoxin, digitoxin)
- Thiazide diuretics (water tablets) (Ex. Bendroflumethiazide) to treat high blood pressure.
- Medicine used to treat high cholesterol (Ex. cholestyramine)
- Laxative containing liquid paraffin to treat constipation.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections (Ex. ketoconazole, itraconazole)
- Actinomycin (medicine used to treat some forms of cancer)
- Glucocorticosteroids (Ex. dexamethasone or prednisolone) are used to treat inflammation.
If you or anyone else accidentally takes too much of VITA D3 Oral Shot ,consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital. Symptoms of overdose include damage of soft tissues and kidney, lack of appetite, thirst, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, muscle weakness, fatigue, mental disturbances, increased urination, bone pain and in severe cases may result in coma and death.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner.