Garcinia cambogia, a tropical fruit also known as the Malabar tamarind, is a popular weight-loss supplement. It blocks your body’s ability to make fat and it puts the brakes on your appetite. Loss of excess weight could help to keep blood sugar and cholesterol levels in check, too.
In one study, moderately obese people took Garcinia cambogia daily for eight weeks and drastically improved several risk factors for disease:
Total cholesterol levels: 6.3% lower
“Bad” LDL cholesterol levels: 12.3% lower
“Good” HDL cholesterol levels: 10.7% higher
Blood triglycerides: 8.6% lower
Fat metabolites: 125–258% more excreted in the urine
Studies suggest positive results concerning the effectiveness of the GC in weight loss process, by reducing the appetite, the lipogenesis process, as well as the improvement of biochemical levels, such as triglycerides, cholesterol and glucose, muscle glycogen synthesis, and postmeal insulin sensitivity. The main reason for these effects may be that Garcinia cambogia inhibits an enzyme called citrate lyase, which plays an important role in the production of fat.
By inhibiting citrate lyase, Garcinia cambogia is thought to slow or block fat production in your body. This may reduce blood fats and lower your risk of weight gain. GC stimulates the burning of body fat, helps to inhibit appetite by reducing the desire to eat with a consequent reduction in food intake, and promotes satiety, and also acts in weight maintenance.
How it works?
The peel of the fruit contains high amounts of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), an active substance that has been shown to have some weight loss properties. The supplements generally contain 20–60% HCA. Nevertheless, studies show that those with 50–60% HCA may provide the most benefit in weight loss.
Does diet matter?
Researchers looked at how a person’s diet affected the supplement, noting that it was not as effective in people whose diets were low in fat and high in carbohydrate. Another studyTrusted Source, posted to the Journal of Clinical Diagnostic Research found that taking garcinia cambogia extract along with a high-fat diet did reduce weight gain. However, a high-fiber diet may also reduce how well HCA works in the body. This research suggests that the garcinia and HCA depend upon a proper diet to be effective, which is the opposite of how it is marketed by manufacturers.
Curbs appetite and makes the body feel full
Garcinia or HCA can help the body feel full throughout the day. Reviews have found positive results in animal studies, but no human studies have found similar results. The absence of studies on humans to prove these claims does not mean that Garcinia does not work. Some people who have used the supplement maintain that it helps them feel full all day and supports their weight loss.
- Garcinia Cambogia suppresses appetite and makes you feel full.
- Loss of appetite or desire to eat less than usual.
- Helps to stabilize sugar level.
- Higher blood levels of serotonin could reduce your appetite.
- May Block Fat Production and Reduce Belly Fat.
- Reduced cravings for unhealthy food.
- Lowering blood pressure and improved cholesterol level.
- Supports the body conversion of food into energy.
- Garcinia cambogia impacts blood fats and the production of new fatty acids.
- Improved bowel movement and provide non-stimulating support for weight management.
- It may lower high levels of fat in your blood and reduce oxidative stress in your body.
Chromium is an essential nutrient involved in the critical metabolism of macromolecules and is involved in insulin signaling pathways. It plays an essential role in glucose metabolism. And also an important part of the balance preventing insulin resistance. Early prevention may greatly reduce the risk of type two diabetes.
Chromium is not easily absorbed. Deficiency has been a problem for many people that do not maintain a healthy diet. In addition to its effects on glucose, insulin, and lipid metabolism, chromium has been reported to increase lean body mass and decrease percentage body fat, which may lead to weight loss in humans. Chromium is only a small part of the puzzle in the control of weight loss and body composition, and its effects, if present, will be small compared with those of exercise and a well-balanced diet.
- Helpful to prevents and treats age-related mental decline, which helps you focus on your weight loss goals and stay on track when it comes to losing weight
- Improves Cholesterol
- May Help with Weight Loss
- It is a natural appetite suppressant that simply cuts cravings
- Act as a mood elevator that can make you feel less depressed, important for people who feel low and fatigued while on a limited calorie or low-fat diet
- Regulates Appetite & Food Cravings
- Reduces Insulin Resistance
Potassium is an essential dietary mineral that plays a pivotal role in several important body functions. In addition to preventing excess fluid retention, it also helps build muscle, promotes electrolyte balance, and aids metabolic activities. It is also known help in the proper functioning of the heart and kidneys. Potassium could play an active role in aiding weight loss.
- It helps boost metabolism and energy
- Stabilizes the blood sugar level and blood pressure.
- It helps to build muscle
- It prevents excess fluid retention
Possible Side Effects:
When you take Garcinia cambogia, you might get:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach or diarrhea
Don’t use it when you’re pregnant or nursing, or if you have liver problems.
1 capsule in a day with water, half an hour before the meals or as directed by a healthcare professional. Do not exceed the recommended dose daily.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Store in a cool, dry and protect from sunlight.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.